Let's ride together! And work together to make cycling safer.
Rockland Bicycling Club hosts rides during the cycling season and monthly membership meetings throughout the year.
RBC is a not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization dedicated to promoting cycling and bicycle advocacy in and around Rockland County, New York. We think that riding bikes is good for people, good for communities and good for the environment.If you are having problems logging in or navigating this website, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The 2nd annual RBC Ride 'Round Rockland Century is Sept 22
- Complete Streets Workshop Scheduled
- Upcoming regional rides
- Why Bicycling is Important for Women, Minorities and Everyone
RBC Ride 'Round Rockland Century
- Light Roast (37 miles, 2,311 ft elevation): If you are looking for a shorter route at a more leisurely pace, This Ride's For You. Ride the core of our scenic Rockland roads while skipping the big climbs. This spectacular route heads north to Tomkins Cove then turns south up to Mott Farm Road and then to Gate Hill Road for the biggest climb of the day before heading down the Willow Grove descent. There is a planned stop at Mile 26 at the Orchards of Concklin for refreshments before heading back to Rockland Lake. See the 37 mile route map here.
- Half Caff (66 miles, 4,574 ft elevation): This metric century course offers amazing scenery, traveling many of the same roads as the 100-mile ride (skipping Perkins Drive). There will be a stocked rest stop at Mile 28 at Lake Welch Beach before the woodland ride up Tiorati Brook Road and out to Seven Lakes Drive before heading down Willow Grove and back to Rockland Lake. See the 66 mile route map here.
- Full Perk (103 miles, 8,574 elevation): Cap off your cycling season with iconic climbs and fast paced downhills. This ride features the climb up Perkins Drive at Bear Mountain, and Mott Farm past Camp Addisone Boyce. After the Rest stop at mile 43, the route heads south with a final climb to Tweed Blvd and back to Rockland Lake. See the 103 mile route map here.
There is no charge for this ride, but registration is required. Not an RBC member but want to join the fun? Join the Rockland Bicycling Club today and be in the loop for future rides, meetings and bicycle related news. We're working hard to represent the cycling community on issues like 24/7 access to the Shared Use Path on the Mario Cuomo Tappan Zee Bridge; the new single file cycling law in Orangetown; the bicycle bypass on Greenbush Rd near Blauvelt State Park, and community slow rolls to encourage more people to rediscover the joys of riding a bicycle. All dues go to supporting the club and our advocacy efforts to make cycling safer in Rockland County.
RBC members should register at RocklandBicyclingClub.org as your would for any of our regular weekly rides. Members of other clubs and non-members should register at Eventbrite.com.
Pre-registered riders will receive the final route links for use with GPS devices a week before the ride. Printed cue sheets will be available at registration.We recommend participants buddy-up for this self-paced, unsupported ride. Deli, water, and bathroom stops will be noted in advance. The 100 and 65 mile routes have a rest stop at Lake Welch Beach and the Orchards of Concklin; the 36 mile route will also stop at the Orchards of Concklin.
What do I need to bring?
Deli, water, and bathroom stops will be noted in advance.You must bring:
- Helmet – please bring with you to registration
- Photo ID
- Extra tube, tools, and pump
- Water bottle or hydration pack
The roads are open to traffic. Cyclists must obey all traffic laws while on this ride. We recommend participants buddy-up for this self-paced, unsupported ride. Please ride single file, as several of the communities through which we will be riding have laws that ban riding two abreast.
Can't decide "weather" you want to ride?
The RBC Century is a “rain or shine” event. In the event of extreme weather, we'll keep you updated on the status of the ride on our website!
Thank you to our sponsors, It's Coffee and 9W Bikes!
|The 2019 RBC Ride 'Round Rockland Century is sponsored by|
It's Coffee in Stony Point (51 US-202) with
emergency road support is being provided by 9W Bikes.