- Saturday, December 7, 2019
- 9AA55New City to GWBStephen BrehlThis familiar favorite is great for a winter morning. There are plenty of places to stop for a warming coffee if needed, and the roads are scrupulously cleared of ice. We'll target a 16+ mph overall average, with 18-22 on the flats. We'll plan to stop at Strictly and possibly at the ranger station for nature breaks and refueling, and maybe a hot chocolate from David's at the end. We'll regroup at the tops of climbs, but it's hard to get lost on this ride. There's a GPX link in the cue sheet if you want to preload your GPS device.
Want a shorter ride? Notify us that you plan to join the ride in at 9W Bikes in Upper Nyack or at Bunbury's in Piermont. We'll stop for you if you let us know you'll be there. Distances are about 55 miles with a New City start, 40 miles starting from 9W Bikes, and 30 miles starting from Bunbury's.
- Sunday, December 8, 2019
- 9AA36New City/Old Tappan RideStephen BrehlPut that indoor trainer away! We'll count on sunny skies to warm us as we go. No rides in Rockland are completely flat, but this has no epic climbs. Starting in New City, we take Strawtown/Sickletown Roads to Pearl River. Over to Rivervale Road and Old Tappan Road in NJ, and Western Highway back to West Nyack. Old Mill to Valley Cottage. Rockland Lake via Lake Road and then back to New City.We'll regroup at a couple of easily missed turns and at the top of the one significant climb.
The ride starts at David's Bagels in New City. The store is located at 64 North Main Street, next to Shoprite. If you drive to the ride there's plenty of parking. Please be considerate and leave the prime spaces in front of the stores open.
Average speed: 16+ mph overall average, 18-22 on the flats.
Total distance: about 38 miles with an option for 10 fewer miles.
Check the link below, or route sheets are available at the start.
Rain at the start will cancel the ride. If it rains later we'll get wet.
Ride leader - Steve Brehl
Contact information - 845-304-9918
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- 7PAll0RBC Holiday Party at Mariella’s Restaurant in HaverstrawMichael HaysJoin us for an evening with the cyclist friends that you've enjoyed on rides. Mariella's will provide a great meal, and you can bring your own wine or beer if you want them. We'll spend the evening together sharing the memories of 2019 rides and plans for riding in 2020. The cost for the dinner will be low.
Please register for this event so we can get a headcount! Login and register under Events at Sign In
Mariella’s Restaurant & Bar is located at Sign In